Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Magazines being biased???

I was walking down the street and I walked past a book store which was selling magazines. I then went in, hoping the find the new cherub book. But apprently like all bookstores, they had little supply and it got sold quickly. The next thing I checked was the magazine section, I usually buy a MacFormat magazine and a (forgot what the name was) art magaine. This is the sort of magazine can be read by both genders, but looking into the gossips and the celebrity section I realised there weren’t any magazines for men or boys on these topics. Usually we see all these celebrity and gossips magazines for girls or women and I thought maybe guys might be interested as well. Or they might exist just that Hong Kong doesn’t import them or they don’t exist at all. This should a topic the magazines industry to look into. Are men supposed to read the gossips online and sneak around, can’t men just read magainzes like everyone else. Men are just as being potential customers as women, we should be underestimated. The market should have a change or test every few years because trends change. I would like you hear your views on this matter and whether is it the problem that these magazines just don’t come to Hong Kong. Please leave me a comment on your view of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment